Monday, November 28, 2016

Short Merry Christmas Poems

Last Updated On: 2016-11-28T14:50:35Z
Merry Christmas Poems, Short Merry Christmas Poems, Merry Christmas Poems 2017, Merry Christmas Poems 2016, Latest Merry Christmas Poems

Merry Christmas Poems, Short Merry Christmas Poems

Let Every Day Be Christmas: Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself. (Written by Norman W. Brooks)

A Christmas Wish: I'd like a stocking made for a giant, And a meeting house full of toys, Then I'd go out in a happy hunt For the poor little girls and boys; Up the street and down the street, And across and over the town, I'd search and find them everyone, Before the sun went down. (Written by Eugene Field)

A Song Was Heard At Christmas: A song was heard at Christmas To wake the midnight sky, A saviour's birth, and peace on earth, And praise to God on high. The angels sang at Christmas With all the hosts above,And still we sing the newborn King, His glory and his love. (Written by Timothy Dudley-Smith)

Christmas Past: Each Christmas I remember, The ones of long ago; I see our mantelpiece adorned With stockings in a row. Each Christmas finds me dreaming Of days that used to be, When we hid presents here and there, For all the family. Each Christmas I remember The fragrance in the air, Of roasting turkey and mince pies And cookies everywhere. Each Christmas finds me longing For Christmases now past, And I am back in childhood As long as memories last. (Written by Carice Williams)

Candlelit Heart

Somewhere across the winter world tonight
You will be hearing chimes that fill the air;
Christmas extends its all-enfolding light
Across the distance...something we can share.

You will be singing, just the same as I,
These familiar songs we know so well,
And you will see these same stars in your sky
And wish upon that brightest one that fell.

I shall remember you and trim my tree,
One shining star upon the topmost bough;
I will hang wreaths of faith that all may see --
Tonight I glimpse beyond the hear and now.

And all the time that we must be apart
I keep a candle in my heart.

(Written by Mary E. Linton)

Short Merry Christmas Poems

Christmas Is Here

A good time is coming, I wish it were here,
The very best time in the whole of the year;
I'm counting each day on my fingers and thumbs
the weeks that must pass before Santa Claus comes.

Then when the first snowflakes begin to come down,
And the wind whistles sharp and the branches are brown,
I'll not mind the cold, though my fingers it numbs,
For it brings the time nearer when Santa Claus comes.

Christmas Is A Time For Love And Fun

Christmas is a time for love and fun,
A time to reshape souls and roots and skies,
A time to give your heart to everyone
Freely, like a rich and lavish sun,
Like a burning star to those whose lonely sighs
Show need of such a time for love and fun.

For children first, whose pain is never done,
Whose bright white fire of anguish never dies,
It's time to give your heart to every one,

That not one angel fall, to hatred won
For lack of ears to listen to her cries,
Or arms to carry him towards love and fun,

Or friends to care what happens on the run
To adult life, where joy or sadness lies.
It's time to give your heart to everyone,

For God loves all, and turns His back on none,
Good or twisted, ignorant or wise.
Christmas is a time for love and fun,
A time to give your heart to everyone. .

Sitting Under The Mistletoe

Sitting under the mistletoe
One last candle burning low,
All the sleepy dancers gone,
Just one candle burning on,
Shadows lurking everywhere:
Some one came, and kissed me there.

Tired I was; my head would go
Nodding under the mistletoe
No footsteps came, no voice, but only,
Just as I sat there, sleepy, lonely,
Stooped in the still and shadowy air
Lips unseen - and kissed me there.

The Stockings Are Hung

The stockings are hung,
the carols are being sung.
My heart is filled with joy,
along with every girl and boy.
It's really hard to go to sleep,
you want to go and take a peep.
And, when you're finally in bed,
visions of Santa dance in your head.

Your stockings are overflowing,
everyone's face is glowing.
You must open family presents first,
you're so excited you just might burst.
Then Santa's are the next to go,
you tear off the wrapping and the bow.
You rip them open one by one,
seeing toy after toy, each filled with fun.

Once your thank-yous have been said,
you are definitely ready for bed.
You tell everyone good-night,
and your heart becomes light.
And while in bed,
the day dances in your head.
You thank the Lord for today,
while you slowly drift away.

Short Merry Christmas Poems

There's More to Christmas

There's More to Christmas...
There's more, much more to Christmas
Than candle-light and cheer;
It's the spirit of sweet friendship
That brightens all the year;
It's thoughtfulness and kindness,
It's hope reborn again,
For peace, for understanding
And for goodwill to men!


Merry Christmas To The One I Love

Merry Christmas to the one I love,
Even on this day of love for all,
Remembering the love of one whose call
Redeemed all those whose hearts his love might move.
Yet only one love does my spirit prove,
Chosen in a passion like a squall,
Having in such ecstasy withal
Rejoiced in what we were created of.
In such love do we find our way outdoors,
So to be drawn to love of flesh and soul,
Traveling beyond our village green,
Moving towards the wash along our shores
As our love joins the greater love unseen,
Shining with dark passion on the whole.

When Santa Claus Comes

A good time is coming, I wish it were here,
The very best time in the whole of the year;
I'm counting each day on my fingers and thumbs --
the weeks that must pass before Santa Claus comes.

Then when the first snowflakes begin to come down,
And the wind whistles sharp and the branches are brown,
I'll not mind the cold, though my fingers it numbs,
For it brings the time nearer when Santa Claus comes.

Little Pine Tree

In summertime my branches were a place for birds to nest,
In autumn my branches were their place for food and rest,
And now that wintertime is here, I hope to be all glistening
bright with snowflakes...
The little birds' Christmas tree!

Short Merry Christmas Poems

A Christmas Tree

One little star on the top of the tree,
Two little presents underneath for me,
Three silver ropes twisted around the tree,
Four colored lights shining prettily,
Five shining balls flowing silvery.
Oh, what a sight for use to see!


Christmas Eve

CHRISTMAS hath darkness
Brighter than the blazing noon,
Christmas hath a chillness
Warmer than the heat of June,
Christmas hath a beauty
Lovelier than the world can show:
For Christmas bringeth Jesus,
Brought for us so low.
Earth, strike up your music,
Birds that sing and bells that ring;
Heaven hath answering music
For all Angels soon to sing:
Earth, put on your whitest
Bridal robe of spotless snow:
For Christmas bringeth Jesus,
Brought for us so low.

(Written by Christina Rossetti)

Short Merry Christmas Poems

Christmas Wreaths

Our Christmas wreaths are fat and round,
Made of the woodsy things we found.
We tied brown cones upon the green,
And stuck red berries in between.
Upon the wreath on our front door,
We tied red ribbon from the store.

Santa

Two merry blue eyes
A very little nose
A long snowy beard
And cheeks like a rose
A round chubby man
A big bulging pack
Hurrah for Old Santa
We're glad he's come back!