Sunday, November 27, 2016

Famous Lord Byron Quotes

Last Updated On: 2016-11-27T17:26:29Z
Lord Byron Quotes, Short Lord Byron Quotes, Latest Lord Byron Quotes, New Lord Byron Quotes, Famous Lord Byron Quotes

Lord Byron Quotes,Short Lord Byron Quotes

“Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.”

“There is no instinct like that of the heart.”

“Where there is mystery, it is generally suspected there must also be evil.”

“Friendship may, and often does, grow into love, but love never subsides into friendship.”

“The heart will break, but broken live on.”

“If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.”

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.”

“But words are things, and a small drop of ink, Falling like dew, upon a thought, produces That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.”

“I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone.”

Lord Byron Quotes

“Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.”

“For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction.”

“The beginning of atonement is the sense of its necessity.”

“Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.”

“I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.”

“I slept and dreamt that life was beauty; I woke and found that life was duty.”

“Absence - that common cure of love.”

“Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.”

“All who joy would win must share it. Happiness was born a Twin.”

“When we two parted In silence and tears, Half broken-hearted, To sever for years.”

Short Lord Byron Quotes

“A thousand years may scare form a state. An hour may lay it in ruins.”

“Like other parties of the kind, it was first silent, then talky, then argumentative, then disputatious, then unintelligible, then altogether, then inarticulate, and then drunk. When we had reached the last step of this glorious ladder, it was difficult to get down again without stumbling.”

“Men think highly of those who rise rapidly in the world; whereas nothing rises quicker than dust, straw, and feathers.”

“As long as I retain my feeling and my passion for Nature, I can partly soften or subdue my other passions and resist or endure those of others.”

“Though I love my country, I do not love my countrymen.”

“Friendship is Love without his wings!”

“I awoke one morning and found myself famous.”

Famous Lord Byron Quotes

“There is no such thing as a life of passion any more than a continuous earthquake, or an eternal fever. Besides, who would ever shave themselves in such a state?”

“Opinions are made to be changed or how is truth to be got at?”

“There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything.”

“A woman should never be seen eating or drinking, unless it be lobster salad and Champagne, the only true feminine and becoming viands.”

“The dew of compassion is a tear.”

“'Tis sweet to know there is an eye will mark our coming, and look brighter when we come.”

“Happiness was born a twin.”

“A little still she strove, and much repented, And whispering “I will ne'er consent”—consented.”

“He who surpasses or subdues mankind, must look down on the hate of those below.”

Lord Byron Quotes

“To withdraw myself from myself has ever been my sole, my entire, my sincere motive in scribbling at all.”

“Like the measles, love is most dangerous when it comes late in life.”

“The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend.”

“Life's enchanted cup sparkles near the brim.”

“I know that two and two make four - and should be glad to prove it too if I could - though I must say if by any sort of process I could convert 2 and 2 into five it would give me much greater pleasure.”

“Let no man grumble when his friends fall off, As they will do like leaves at the first breeze; When your affairs come round, one way or t'other, Go to the coffee house, and take another.”